Last updated on March 30, 2017
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
- GENERAL TERMS. This Policy is a legally binding agreement between you and Company. By using any part of the Sites and Services, which is intentionally defined broadly, you agree to be legally bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact Company at email@example.com.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. BY USING AND ACCESSING ANY PART OF THE SITES AND SERVICES, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE, REPRESENT AND AGREE THAT YOU: (A) ARE OVER 13 YEARS OF AGE; (B) HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY; (C) UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY; (D) WILL COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY AND ANY APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS; AND (E) YOU WILL NOT CONTEST THE APPLICABILITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PART OF THIS POLICY.
- UPDATING TERMS. Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, delete, and update this Policy and any other policies that govern or relate to the Sites and Services, at any time, for any reason, and in Company’s sole discretion. Company also reserves the right to discontinue any Sites and Services, and/or to terminate your access to or use of the Sites and Services. It is your responsibility to periodically review this Policy for changes. Any amendments and modifications by Company will be prospective, and unless otherwise provided in this Policy, will be effective upon being posted on one or more of the Sites and Services. The Policy may be accessed from the link at the bottom of web page accessible at https://lyndaspillane.com/privacy-policy. Your access and/or use of any of the Sites and Services after terms of this Policy are amended or updated shall be deemed acceptance of all such changes.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. The Sites and Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may use or provide any information through the Sites and Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register for, use or provide any information through the Sites and Services without first providing us with verifiable parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW COMPANY COLLECTS INFORMATION. The following is a non-exhaustive list of examples of the ways Company may collect information from you through the Sites and Services. Company collects information from you when you:
- access or use our Sites and Services;
- sign up to receive our emails;
- sign up to receive text messages;
- sign up to receive coupons or other promotions;
- “like,” “follow” or join any of our social media sites or groups
- communicate with us or post in any way on or through the Sites and Services;
- provide comments, suggestions, or other input through the Sites and Services;
- order Company services;
- conduct a transaction that requires us to collect such information;
- enter contests or sweepstakes;
- submit a job application information;
- and/or you submit any other material or information to us.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COMPANY. Company collects information you directly submit to us, as well as information based on your usage of our Sites and Services. The following is a non-exhaustive list of examples of the type of information collected by Company through the Sites and Services:
- Names; addresses; phone numbers; mobile/text numbers; phone carrier information, device types, email addresses; credit/debit card information; message content; posted content; order and transactional information;
- Languages, zip codes, area codes, unique device identifiers, locations, and time zones so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- Our web servers automatically collect usage information when you visit the Sites and Services (“Site usage information”). Site usage information includes (without limitation) information about our customers and unregistered users, how the Sites and Services are used and navigated, including the number and frequency of visitors and users to each Site and Service and the length of their stays. Site usage information also includes the domain names and/or corresponding IP addresses (a numerical identifier for a computer on the Internet) of those who visit the Sites and Services.
- The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should not post confidential, sensitive or personal information on our Sites and Services. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to use anti-virus software and other available security technology when using the Sites and Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Sites and Services. Your use of the Sites and Services is at your own risk. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Company makes no representations or warranties as to the security of the Sites and Services. If you have any questions or concerns regarding security or whether a communication is from Company please contact us directly email@example.com to allow us to assist you. In the event that Company or any of its vendors experiences a data breach that may affect you, you affirmatively consent to receive notice of such breach or data security incident exclusively through electronic correspondence.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED. We use the information collected through our Sites and Services in several ways, including (without limitation):
- To enable us to process and verify purchases, to provide you with information and services you have requested, and for the purposes disclosed when you provide the personally identifiable information.
- To send users email notifications, texts and/or other messages relating to new services, coupons, promotions, features and information.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- To improve the content and navigation on the Site.
- To alert you about new services, and special offers.
- To meet the needs of your requests, such as delivering of coupons, or responding to inquiries.
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Company services and customer communications.
- To assist law enforcement and to respond to subpoenas.
- To enforce our Website Terms and Conditions or share such information with (1) the issuer of a criminal or civil subpoena, (2) governmental authorities when legally required to do so, and (3) governmental authorities investigating a crime.
- SHARING INFORMATION. Except as otherwise set forth herein, Company does not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information you provide through the Sites and Services or otherwise to outside marketers without prior consent.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Company to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites and Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: PO Box 1038, New York, NY 10024.
- AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC RECORDS. Company has found electronic communication is the most effective and timely way to provide its customers and users of its Sites and Services with any optional or required notifications and disclosures. In some circumstances, however, state and/or federal laws may require Company to send you disclosures or communications in paper format unless you have affirmatively consented to receiving electronic notifications only in advance of the notification. Through this Policy, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 7001, you hereby affirmatively consent to receive electronic notifications and disclosures from Company only (without requiring a paper copy) and you represent that, to date, you have not withdrawn such consent. You have the right to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive electronic notifications and/or would like to request a paper copies of any electronic notifications you receive, please contact: email@example.com. To receive electronic records, you will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with Internet access and either email software (such as Microsoft Outlook) or access to a web-based electronic mail software platform, such as Gmail, Yahoo or other electronic mail provider.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES. For your convenience, the Sites and Services may contain links to other websites or services that are not maintained by Company. If you use these links, you will be directed away from the Sites and Services to the linked websites / services. We do not assume responsibility for any of these websites, their content, or their privacy policies. If you choose to access any of the third party websites linked to the Sites and Services, you do so at your own risk and should review the privacy statements of these website.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED, USED, STORED OR TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE SITES AND SERVICES WILL REMAIN SECURE. COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY THE “COMPANY PARTIES“) MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING: (A) THE CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, RESULTS OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES; (B) THE EXISTENCE (OR ABSENCE) OF ANY VIRUS, WORM, MALWARE, MALICIOUS CODE OR OTHER DISABLING DEVICES OR CODE FROM ANY SOURCES; (C) THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY A PARTY OTHER THAN THE COMPANY PARTIES; (D) ANY TECHNICAL FAILURES (INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURES); OR (E) LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR INFORMATION OR DATA.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT THE COMPANY PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, FEES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY WITHIN THE LAST SIX MONTHS TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITES AND SERVICES WHICH FORM THE BASIS OF YOUR CLAIM, OR $100 IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANY AMOUNTS TO COMPANY. IF YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE WAIVER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS OR DAMAGES WAIVERS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, SOME OF THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY COMPANY IN WRITING IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE COMPANY PARTIES, AND, IN ANY EVENT, YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM NOT BROUGHT WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER IT ARISES (OR SUCH SHORTER PERIOD UNDER APPLICABLE STATUTES OF LIMITATION) SHALL BE WAIVED AND RELEASED.
- CONTACT US. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or Company’s privacy practices, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.